Little is known about the man who may possibly be one of the most influential men behind changing markets and shifting political movements around the globe. Some on the left consider him the progressive equivalent of Alexander the Great while the right tends to put him in the category of a James Bond villain. So what do we know about George Soros?
10. In 1944, a fourteen year old George Soros fled Hungary with his family to avoid the Nazi occupiers, disproving the claim he was either a Nazi officer or an SS collaborator like some outlets have stated.
9. Caused “Black Wednesday” after betting $10 billion against the British pound which caused the currency to hit rock bottom on September 16, 1992. This act of currency obliteration caused the London press to give him the infamous title of “the man who broke the Bank of England.”
8. Became a convicted felon after caught conducting insider trading and “acted with the knowledge that the bank might be a takeover target” according to Bloomberg. As reported by the Daily Wire, Soros only paid $2.9 million in restitution.
7. Soros invests heavily in organizations with anti-American sentiments, including organizations such as The Arab American Institute, The Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, the Open Society Foundation, Critical Resistance, and many others.
4. Let’s not forget Thailand too, where his influence with his Quantum Fund during a time of political revolution in Thailand caused him to hit Thai banks with a fury never seen before, causing their system to crash and leaving millions unemployed in the process.
3. Was caught illegally meddling in the 2004 election with the America Coming Together PAC where he spent millions of dollars funneling money in ways which violated a series of different campaign financing laws.
2. Was caught trying to create situations that would cause political upheaval, such as influencing events that would cause federalization of all local police forces and putting in office far left progressive judges, and so much more.
1. Began investing millions into the Hillary Clinton campaign going as far back as 2013.