It’s important for everyone to maintain a healthy lifestyle, but when you reach a certain age, it becomes even more crucial to eat right, exercise, and so on. This is especially true if you took a backseat during your 20s and early 30s. Here are 10 judicious health tips for men aged between 35 and 44:
- Check Your Parameters – Make sure that you check your ideal weight, pulse rate and blood pressure. Men’s ideal pulse is 72-78 beats per minute at rest. During physical exertion, it should not be more than 140 beats per minute. At the age of 35 years, blood pressure of 123/77 mm. Hg. Art. is considered normal. For those aged 45, the number increases slightly to 127/80 mm. Hg. Art.
- Eat Healthy – When they reach 35 to 44 years of age, men could be less active. This causes fat to naturally accumulate in the abdominal area. A balanced diet is important to maintain health and weight. Nutritionists recommend that men of this age consume foods that are rich in vitamins and antioxidants. Lean fish should be eaten regularly. It is best to avoid fatty meats, coffee, carbonated drinks, processed foods, etc.
- Exercise Regularly – Due to a sedentary lifestyle, many health problems can crop up in men aged 35 to 44. There is a risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, especially coronary heart disease. This is why it is important to include a workout regimen to your daily routine. Experts recommend walking, swimming, jogging at a moderate pace, biking, and horseback riding. Tend to your ticker by staying active and eating healthy.
- Control Your Weight – Activity of the thyroid gland and the adrenal glands wanes with age. This decreases the metabolic rate and as a result, makes it easier for you to gain weight. It is vital to control your diet to prevent a variety of health problems. Avoid overeating and limit your intake of fat and sugar to avoid overloading the pancreas. You should add seafood to your regular diet. Seafood is rich in iodine, which supports the healthy function of the thyroid gland.
- Protect Your Nervous System –After the age of 35, the level of testosterone in the blood gradually drops. The result is decreased sexual activity, erectile dysfunction, and even impotence. Stress also aggravates the situation. When the body is under stress, it leads to a sharp decrease in testosterone levels. Additionally, stress causes chronic fatigue, depression, headaches, irritability, and sleep disturbance. It is important to avoid situations that cause stress and engage in daily physical activity. You should also get at least 7 hours of sleep every night.
- Say No to Drugs – The many dangers of drugs is not unknown to man. Abuse of psychoactive substances can cause irreparable harm to both your mental and physical health. As you grow older it will become harder for you to undo old habits. Once you are hooked you will find it hard to do away the irresistible addiction to drugs, which will cause suffering to you and your loved ones. Seek medical assistance if you have a drug problem.
- Quit Smoking – Consuming nicotine in any form is no less than abusive to your cardiovascular system. Nicotine weakens the walls of the blood vessels which can result in sharp contractions. At 35, every cigarette that you smoke, can increase your BP for 15 to 20 minutes and your heart rate by a whopping 20%. Male smokers above the age of 35 also stand a high risk of contracting cancer, strokes, and heart attacks.
- Pamper Your Skin –Your skin needs a lot of TLC after the age of 30. It becomes more sensitive and prone to infections. The collagen production in the body reduces dramatically after 35, and this pushes your skin in a stage where it can lose its capacity to retain moisture and also could have less elasticity. Choose cosmetics that are suitable for your age. They should contain Vitamin A, C, and E in addition to hyaluronic acid. Ditch soaps and use alcohol free mousses and tonics to wash your face to banish a dull hue.
- Reduce Alcohol Consumption–Alcohol can have a negative impact on any man or woman of any age group. However, if you are over 35 years old, alcohol consumption can lead to the development of several cardiovascular ailments. Frequent or regular consumption of alcohol can lead to chronic pancreatitis in men over 35.
- Strengthen Your Bones–Bone health is mentioned constantly in reference to women’s health. However, men’s bone mass too begins to decline after the age of 30. This increases the risk of fractures that many guys simply cannot afford. Consume a calcium supplement combined with Vitamin D to strengthen those hardy bones.
Male muscles and tissues begin to shorten after age 30, which leads to decreased flexibility. The best way to keep your muscles and tissues in outstanding shape and fluid is to resort to yoga. Yoga improves flexibility through a full range of motion and also lowers BP and blood sugar.
Men aged between 35 and 44 need to rethink their strategies for health since it can make a huge difference in their bodies for many years. This is a stage when they could see significant weight gain and an increase in the risk for high blood pressure and diabetes. With a little foresight and some smart choices, men of this age group can be in better health for many years to come. Make sure that you follow the tips mentioned above to make sure that your health is in the best condition possible.