Many baby boomers have already retired. But the oldest baby boomers will turn 68 in 2014 and it will be time for retirement, with many more baby boomers following close behind the next year. Here is a little advice for those of you retiring in 2014.
Lets take a quick look at some of the most important things that should be on your “to do” list as the clock counts down toward your retirement in 2014.
- Revisit Your Asset Allocation
- Stress Test Your Retirement Finances
- Simplify Your Investments
- Carefully Consider When to Claim Social Security
- Sign Up For Medicare On Time
- Avoid Health Insurance Gaps
- Remember to Take RMDs From Retirement Accounts
- Consider a More Gradual Transition Into Retirement
- Decide How to Best Spend Your Time
The above, along with your housing situation, where you will choose to live, activities you want to enjoy, and how you will spend all your newfound free time are all the things you will be facing when it comes time to retire in 2014.
Look at this as an adventure, not as a challenge. Sure, you will have some last minute work and research to do to make the proper decisions, but you have finally made it into what is considered to be one of the best times of your life. Get the above things in order and squared away and you will be facing a long and happy retirement.
Article Sources: DailyFinance.com | USA.gov